Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai has launched two new accommodation packages that will appeal to families and gourmands who appreciate the creative touch. The Stay with Cartoon Friends offer features luxurious guestrooms specially decorated by cartoonist Paul Frank and children’s fashion brand Pancoat that both children and their parents will love, while the Shanghai Delights package celebrates the sensational new menu at the hotel’s Michelin-starred Yong Yi Ting restaurant. Both offers include a wide range of additional benefits for guests to enjoy.
Stay with Cartoon Friends
In addition to experiencing the thrill of staying in a cartoon-themed Mandarin River View Room, guests booking the Stay with Cartoon Friends package can make the most of the hotel’s handy riverside location, which is within walking distance of many family-friendly activities. These include the iconic Pearl Tower, Shanghai Ocean Aquarium and Huangpu River Cruise. Tailored tours recommended by the hotel’s concierges enable guests to discover the city’s many other diverse attractions.
Back at the hotel, children can have fun in the children’s pool, immerse themselves in the world of Paul Frank or Pancoast cartoons, play inside a tent specially erected for them in their room and enjoy bath time with a crew of mini friends from the fairytale world. Also included in the package are themed bathrobes, toys and other amenities, such as the crib, baby bath wash, shampoo, and talcum powder, everything needed for a whimsical family stays. Special menus for younger fans’ smaller appetites are available from room service and at hotel restaurants.
Available until 31 August 2019, the Stay with Cartoon Friends package is priced from RMB1,900and includes:
• Accommodation in a themed Mandarin River View Room
• Daily buffet breakfast for two adults and one child (under 6 years old) at Zest
• An array of children’s amenities such as baby bath wash, shampoo, and talcum powder
• Extra bed (for children under 12)
• 20% discount when dining at Fifty 8° Grill, Yong Yi Ting or Zest
• Parking for 24 hours
• A themed child’s backpack
The hotel’s other new accommodation offer, Shanghai Delights, provides gourmet-lovers with dining credit of CNY 400 for its Michelin-starred signature Chinese restaurant Yong Yi Ting, where Tony Lu, the restaurant’s celebrated chef consultant, has introduced a new menu.
The new menu of contemporary Shanghai dishes includes the signature Lobster marinated with Shaoxing wine and plum and Boiled baby octopus with scallion oil and soy. Varied mouth-watering dim sum delicacies feature Crispy sesame bun filled with diced chicken and abalone. Dessert lovers will savor sublime-tasting sweets such as the signature Shanghainese “white rabbit candy” ice cream served with honey cake.
“I will never stop challenging myself to refine Shanghai-style cuisine. Yong Yi Ting’s entirely new menu embraces the local culinary culture of my hometown. I am excited to present it at our Michelin-starred restaurant to Mandarin Oriental guests from across China and around the world,” said Chef Consultant Tony Lu.
Yong Yi Ting’s a la carte menu is offered daily for lunch and dinner, while dim sum is available daily for lunch only.
The Shanghai Delights package is available year-round at rates starting from CNY 2100*, and includes:
• Luxurious accommodation
• Dining credit of CNY 400 at Yong Yi Ting
• Spa service credit of CNY 200 per stay.
• Access to the Club Lounge offering private buffet breakfast, all-day refreshments, and lavish evening cocktails
• Daily complimentary two-hour use of the Club Lounge business center and meeting rooms
• Laundry, pressing and dry cleaning of up to two garments per day
• Discreet and efficient check-in and check-out by dedicated Club staff
• On-call Butler service and dedicated Concierge
• House car service within the Lujiazui area in a 2km radius. Available on a first come first served basis every day between 7 am to 8 pm
• A 45-minute sunset cruise on Huangpu River for suite-booking guests
About Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai
Located on the east bank of the Huangpu River, amidst the dramatic skyline of the Lujiazui financial district, Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai redefines luxury waterfront living in Shanghai. A masterpiece of contemporary luxury overlooking the famous Shanghai waterfront, the hotel offers 362 contemporary guestrooms, including the largest Presidential Suite in Shanghai. A further 210 luxury residences are available at the Mandarin Oriental Executive Apartments, Shanghai’s only fully serviced luxury riverfront apartments. Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai offers guests and residents the luxury of waterfront living, complete with celebrity chef restaurants, a holistic spa, over 1,200 sqm of state-of-the-art meetings and event spaces, and a 4,000-piece art collection, enhanced by the comforts of Mandarin Oriental’s legendary service.