February 27, 2018--The birth of a baby changes your life forever. Even the most confident first-time parents can have a tough time deciding what is best and what is not for the baby. You know you love your baby unconditionally and that you would do anything to keep your child happy and healthy, yet feel anxious and overwhelmed constantly as caring for your newborn is a 24x7 job. Here are some tips to keep in mind while caring for your brand-new bundle of joy.
- Wash your hands/use hand sanitizers before touching your infant and keep the room and the surroundings clean, as babies have weak immune systems and are prone to infections.
- If the skin around the diaper area appears red and irritated, know that the reasons could be tight or wet diapers or even a particular brand of detergent or baby care products.
- Maintaininga dry and open diaper area for as long as possible and changing your baby's diaper as soon as it is wet will help avoid diaper rashes.
- Since babies have extremely delicate skin that tend to lose moisture easily, it is ideal to choose skin and hair care products with pure natural ingredients.
- Always choose dermatologically-tested baby care products that are free of chemicals such as Paraffins, Parabens, Phthalates and Sulfates.
- Before giving a bath, gently massage the baby’s body with a nourishing baby oil enriched with natural herbs.
- Always go for gentle, mild, bath gels/creams/soaps so that they won’t be too harsh on the sensitive baby skin.
- Shampoo containing olive oil extracts can act as a natural remedy for cradle caps (Infantile Seborrheic Dermatitis) in newborns.
- After a bath, gently pat the baby dry and apply moisturizer immediately to preserve the moisture in the skin. Also, apply moisturizers as often as necessary.
- Dabbing some mild enriched powder onto your baby's armpits, neck crevices and leg folds before clothing reduces friction caused by skin rubbing against folds of skin or clothing.
DermoViva Baby – a range of safe and gentle baby care products that are extremely mild and enriched with natural virgin olive extracts – deeply nourishes your baby’s skin, leaving it soft, smooth and protected. DermoViva baby: Olive massage oil, Olive baby wash, olive baby bath olive shampoo, olive baby soap, olive moisturizing lotion, olive soft cream and olive enriched powder are free from harmful chemicals such as Paraffins, Parabens, Phthalates and Sulfates and are specifically formulated to create worry-free, soothing bonding moments for mum and baby.