Abu Dhabi, 13 February, 2017:FGB, one of the leading banks in the UAE, has successfully concluded one of Abu Dhabi’s first Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) aircraft financing deals, in collaboration with Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM), the International Financial Centre in Abu Dhabi. The financing deals were part of ADGM’s innovative SPV regime, and were arranged to refinance two Etihad A380 aircraft bridge financings which were maturing in December 2016 and originally financed by FGB.
Natixis Leasing secured the bid for both aircrafts, one of which was subsequently part-financed by FGB under a USD 302 million lease finance structure. Acting as Advisor and Facilitator, FGB played an instrumental role in introducing the Natixis team to ADGM and is continuing to work with the financial centre to welcome further SPVs into the ADGM stable.
Steve Perry, Global Head of Debt Markets and Syndications at FGB, said: “The successful conclusion of these first two aviation financing related SPVs under ADGM marked the culmination of over 12 months of hard workand collaboration between FGB and ADGM. Since our initial meeting in November 2015, our teams met frequently throughout the following months, honing the structure of the offering to provide a bankable solution that would meet global standards, and a competitive fee structure. FGB is very proud of the role we have played in the successful conclusion of these transactions and we’re looking forward to continuing to support ADGM in both its future growth, as well as meeting the needs of the business community.”
Dhaher bin Dhaher, CEO, Registration Authority of ADGM, said: “FGB has been an instrumental partner of our efforts on the SPV front. As an industry leader, FGB was able to identify the advantage of the ADGM SPV regime to the marketplace on the early onset. Todate, ADGM has successfully registered more than 50 SPVs serving across diverse sectors and industries. We are pleased to provide local, regional firms and family businesses with tailored and strategic tools to effectively address their business needs and domicile assets and investments via ADGM SPV regime without going to overseas jurisdictions.We will continue to work closely with strong partners like FGB to support their clients in Abu Dhabi and globally.”
ADGM launched its SPV regime officially to the industry in January 2017. Designed to address the needs of the business community, ADGM SPV regime caters to a broad range of uses in various industry sectors including but not limited to corporates, financial institutions, sovereign wealth funds, family offices and individual investors.TheSPVs have been deployed as a strategic tool for a variety of purposes including efficient corporate and financial structuring, risk management and ring-fencing of assets and liabilities.
As a major leading bank in the UAE, FGB had Shareholder Equity of AED 37.2 Billion as of December 31st, 2016 making it one of the largest equity based banks in the UAE. Established in 1979 and headquartered in Abu Dhabi, the bank offers a full range of financial services to business and consumer sectors through a network of branches across the UAE. Internationally, FGB has branches in Singapore and Qatar, representative offices in India, Hong Kong, United Kingdom, Seoul- Korea and a subsidiary in Libya.
FGB is recognised as a world-class organisation committed to maximising value for shareholders, customers and employees as it focuses on delivering banking products and services that meet client needs and support the UAE’s dynamic economy. In line with its commitment to excellence the bank continues to invest significantly in people and technology to provide superior service standards.
• 2016 Banker Middle East UAE Product Awards: ‘Best Co-branded Credit Card’, ‘Best Onshore Wealth Proposition’ ‘Best SME Trade Finance Offering’ and ‘Best Bancassurance Product’
• 2016 Smart Card and Payments Awards: ‘Best Premium Credit Card’ – Ferrari credit card
• Asiamoney/Global Capital Asia ‘Best China Deals’: ‘Best International Bond award’
• 2016 PFI Finance award: ‘Middle East and North Africa Industrial Deal of the Year’
• Two 2016 IJ Global awards
• The BIZZ award: National Housing Loans programme
• The Banker Middle East Industry Awards 2015: “Best Bank in the UAE” and “Best Bank in the Middle East”
• Seven 2015 Banker Middle East UAE Product Awards: ‘Best Call Centre’, ‘Best Credit Card’, ‘Best Personal Loan’, ‘Best Wealth Management Service/Proposition’, ‘Best Offshore Wealth Proposition’, ‘Best Deposit Account Product’ and ‘Best Bancassurance Product’
• 2015 Bonds, Loans &Sukuk Middle East Awards: Project Finance Deal of the Year, Structured Finance Deal of the Year and Syndicated Loan Deal of the Year categories
• The Banker 2015 Islamic Banker of the Year Awards – ‘Shariah-Compliant Window’
• 2015 Trade Finance Awards for Excellence: ‘Best Islamic Trade Finance Bank EMEA’
• Asian Banker 2015 Middle East and Africa Country Awards: ‘Best Wealth Management in the Middle East Award’ and ‘Best Mortgage and Home Loan Product in the Middle East Award’
• 2015 Global Capital Bond Market Awards: ‘Most Impressive Middle East Borrower Award’
• 2015 Arabian Business Achievement Awards “Bank of the Year”
• 2015 Arabian Business Start-up Awards: “SME Bank of the Year”
||[Submit a Press Release]|