Tuesday, May 30, 2017 11:35:27 AM      

Dubai News, Events & Happenings


Suicide pact couple burnt charcoal in bedroom

23-Nov-2016 :

Dubai: An Indian couple in Dubai had allegedly turned their bedroom into a carbon monoxide chamber by burning charcoal to execute a suicide pact in which the husband died, Gulf News learnt on Monday.


As reported by this paper, V. Kumar, owner of an advertising firm, and his wife, who managed the couple’s silver jewellery store, were believed to have entered into the pact after sending their two young sons to a relative earlier this month. The couple had also sent their maid back home some days before the incident.


According to neighbours in Umm Hurair building in Karama, Kumar was found dead while his wife was rushed to Rashid Hospital on November 9. It was not clear how the couple, who hail from Andhra Pradesh, attempted to end their lives.


On Monday, the hospital issued a press release stating that a team of specialist doctors had succeeded in saving the life of an Asian woman, who was found unconscious next to her dead husband in their apartment after suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.


Powered by GulfNews.com, one of the most popular daily English language newspapers in the United Arab Emirates.
 
 
Dubaicityinfo.com assumes no responsibility for any content from external sources.

Jobs in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & UAE

Jobs in Dubai (  15026 )

Jobs in UAE ( 20162 )

 
 
 
Sponsored Links