Synergy has been given the assignment on a retainer to identify a UAE National HR Director for our clients an Abu Dhabi Government entityThe RoleThe HR Director will lead and manage our clients HR function. This candidate will oversee the areas of Organizational Development, Change management/Restructuring, Career Planning and Development, Performance Management Systems, Training and Development, HRIS, Budgetary and fiscal responsibilities, and management of the current HR staff. This position will require superior communication skills, both written and verbal, to convey corporate human resource policies and related issues. The candidate should be aware of current trends, legislation and issues affecting the workplace of today. Moreover, the appropriate candidate will exhibit empathy, caring and genuine concern in the role as employee advocate.Specific duties and responsibilities will be, but not be limited to:
• Provide strategic direction for HR function, utilizing the current HR service functions, in addition to planning and providing new employee resources/programs as needed.
• Review the current human resources program; prioritize critical areas that need creation, discontinuance, reform, realignment or repair.
• Responsible for HR Policy management and any changes in policy. Ensure consistency in all policies and procedures manuals, and any document relating to policies or procedures.
• Create in-house educational programs to support the growth of employees at all levels, including executive level leadership.
• Play a leadership role in enhancing the entrepreneurial, innovative, and market driven culture in this, geographically dispersed, growing government entity
• Participate in a highly outcome-oriented corporate environment within a very highly competitive business sector. The HR Director will need to ensure successful design and execution of all Human Resources initiatives especially in a time of growth and company- and industry-evolution
• Responsible for analyzing and implementing strong organizational development plan/program.
• In the context of the HR Strategic Plan, prioritize projects and establish objectives for the coming year while ensuring that resources are focused on the priority objectives and managed within the designated budget.
• With several business units, our client relies on the ability of senior managers across its organization to build relationships and work effectively within a matrix. In this role, the individual will participate on the HR Leadership Council for the Corporation to help set enterprise-wide HR policy and program development
• As a key contributor to the business planning process-provide insight and understanding to align the business goals with those of the employees
• Implement strong career development program, providing objective guidance and counseling as needed. Empower supervisors to support career development program, guiding them with tools and educational programs to develop their employees.
• Responsible for oversight of Performance Management Systems. Evaluate and analyze current systems, make recommendations for enhancements as needed.
• Ensure that the company
•s compensation policies and practices are effective and globally competitive
• Lead a retention strategy that is second-to-none.
• Play an active role in continuing to shape a culture that reflects the values of employee involvement, commitment and decision making
• Oversee all exit interviews and maintain data for further analysis and practical use.
• Serve as Employee Relations authority
• Responsible for HR Department annual budget, and variance reporting as required.
• Supervise, evaluate and mentor current HR employees
• Exhibit and exemplify company values