Application deadline - 10 January 2017Job PurposeTo act as the first point of contact for visitors and callers and to assist SMT with daily adhoc requests. To operate multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls, direct callers to appropriate personnel by performing the following duties:
• Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of calls, and forward calls to appropriate personnel or department.
• Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions and other information.
• Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business and announce visitors to appropriate personnel.
• Booking of airline tickets and raising of relevant LPO. Orders, receives and maintain office supplies.
• Process and deliver internal and external mail/courier.
• Maintain appointment diary either manually or electronically and to provide logistical support to meetings held in the conference room.
• Monitor and ensure that the reception area is tidy and projects a business-like image.
• Ensures that the pantry is well stocked with milk, sugar, tea and coffee.
• Substitute Administration Officer when on annual vacation/sick leave.